Our bounty from the East Lake Farmers Market last weekend included ground pork, turnips, leeks, and green garlic. We got to harvest the leeks and green garlic ourselves pulling them straight out of the garden beds at the market.
Inspired by Thai peanut sauce, I wanted to make something that would combine the ground pork with peanut butter since we usually have that on hand. I stir-fried the vegetables and ground pork and then added the sauce at the end making sure that it was nice and juicy so that it would flavor the rice.
1 T Canola oil
2 leeks sliced
2 green garlics diced
2 carrots sliced
5 turnips chopped
Turnip greens chopped
1 pd ground pork
1 T water
2 T peanut butter
1 T soy sauce
1 T chili garlic sauce
- Sauté leeks, green garlic, carrots, and turnips for a few minutes in canola oil.
- Add ground pork. Sauté until browned.
- Add 1 T of water and turnip greens. Put on lid to steam turnips and carrots for a few minutes.
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Steam for a few more minutes.
- Serve over cooked white rice making sure to scoop up the tasty peanut sauce.
Yum, yum, yum, yum….